Oaxacan Secret Sauce
Playing with the base ingredients of a fry sauce or a Russian dressing, Oaxacan Mole becomes the focal point in this savory and spicy combination creating Oaxacan Secret Sauce.
This recipe incorporates beer via a new hot sauce, Nor Cal Mole, which uses Oatmeal Stout from Anderson Valley Brewing Company as a base for building flavor. Imagine an ingredient that easily adds distinctive, historical, and multifaceted flavors. The hot sauce uses the hottest chili in the world, the Carolina Reaper, which is cooled off with habanero, poblano, and ancho chilies. Orange, tangerine, lime, and calamansi juices round out the acid, along with malt vinegar, stout malt syrup, and mole-inspired spices. Ultimately, this Eat Beer Hot Sauce – Nor Cal Mole acts as a seasoning, increasing the heat and boosting Mexican umami in each dish it’s used in.
Makes: 4 ounces
Adapted from BeerAdvocate Magazine: Cuisine à la Bière |Dec 2018 | Issue #133
- 1/4 cup White Miso Malt Vinegar Mayonnaise, recipe HERE or regular store bought mayonaise
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar, brown, light
- 2 tablespoon Eat Beer Hot Sauce Nor-Cal Mole available HERE</ , depending on heat level and use
- In a small bowl or a cup-size canning jar, mix the mayonnaise, tomato paste, brown sugar, and Nor Cal Mole Hot Sauce. The heat will be there, yet slightly muted.
- By using this special sauce on a rich, caramelized Mole Burger, the combination of ingredients allows the Mexican umami to play on the palate.
- Keep this Oaxacan Secret Sauce refrigerated for up to 3 weeks.
- Use this on a Mole Burger
- Try Oaxacan Secret Sauce as a dip for French fries | Pomme Frites, hash browns, roasted potatoes, or onion rings
- Make a Mexican-style Reuben with Swiss cheese, pastrami, and fermented vegetables like kimchi, carrots, fennel, or sauerkraut on a torta-style bun