Avocado Cilantro IPA Aioli
Similar to a smooth guacamole, the addition of White Miso Malt Vinegar Mayonnaise adds a creamy texture, along with a boost of umami to this beer aioli. This recipe for Avocado Cilantro IPA Aioli uses the citrus forward flavors found in Firestone Walkers Brewing Co. Union Jack IPA, along with the herbal cilantro and ripe avocados, blend together to make this special sauce | spread. It’s easy to make, full of potassium, folate, vitamin K, dietary fiber and a whole slue of nutrient rich properties from the addition of avocado to this beer mayonnaise.
Try this Avocado Cilantro IPA Aioli on a torta | Pamboza (Mexican style Sandwich), Baja fish taco, quesadilla, nacho topping or as a dip for tortilla | potato chips, grilled vegetables or top a salad with it.
Makes: 1 Pint of Avocado Cilantro IPA Aioli
Adapted from BeerAdvocate Magazine: Cuisine à la Bière | Jun 2012 | Issue #65
- 1 each avocado, large, ripe, peeled and pit removed
- 1 tablespoon lime, juiced freshly squeezed
- 5 tablespoon IPA such as Firestone Walker Brewing Co. Union Jack IPA or other IPA style
- 1/4 cup cilantro, fresh washed and stems removed
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1 teaspoon salt, kosher
- 1 cup White Miso Malt Vinegar Mayonnaise, recipe here
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the avocado, lime juice, IPA of choice, cilantro, coriander, salt and White Miso Malt Vinegar Mayonnaise. Pulse the mixture several times, until it is smooth and all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- The finished aioli will be dark green in color, have a smooth, creamy texture and will be very spreadable. Transfer the aioli to a sealable jar and refrigerate until ready to use. This mixture will last for a week, but may oxidize, leaving a brown color on the surface. This will not affect the taste, but can be scraped off and discarded.
Avocado Cilantro IPA Aioli Recipe Uses:
- Try using this recipe with Quesadillas filled with Mexican Style Beer Stewed and Shredded Chicken, Four Ale Nachos, Sopes or in a Kale Mushroom Oregano Amber Ale Torta or a Chorizo Onion Amber Ale Filling for a Torta sandwich.